What is Ilex Skin Protectant?
Ilex Skin Protectant is a topical skin barrier designed to protect the skin from harmful irritants such as urine and faeces. Ilex is an established and highly regarded skin treatment that has been used successfully over many years by individuals, families and healthcare professionals.
Ilex is formulated to be gentle and soothing to the skin whilst creating an environment that helps the healing process. Here are some of the reasons why it is so effective:
- Ilex has a proven 0.00cm/hour penetration rate. This means that it forms an occlusive, or complete seal, over sore skin and repels harmful fluids and bacteria.
- It contains no alcohol or latex and is safe and gentle to all skin types from babies to the elderly.
- It can be used on both intact and injured skin.
- It can be used in conjunction with prescribed topical steroids and antibiotics to help fight infection.
- It can adhere to moist weeping tissue.
Ilex can be used to treat a range of skin disorders:
- Severe incontinence/nappy dermatitis (rash)
- Dermal and superficial wounds
- Mild to severe skin irritations
- Minor Burns
- Ostomy site excoriation
- G-tube irritations
- Pressure Sores
Ilex is composed of the following ingredients:
- Calcium/Sodium PVM/MA Copolymers
- Corn Starch
- White Petrolatum
- Phenoxyethanol and Isopropyl Isobutyl Butylparabens
- Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose
- Zinc Oxide